We are officially in Black Friday season (yes, Black Friday is now a season). Best Buy has kicked off its Black Friday Early Access deals (and also announced that it will be closed on Thanksgiving). It was the first retailer to give a sneak peak at its Black Friday plans this year in early-October (Macy’s, Target and JCPenney have since followed suit).
Every holiday season, Best Buy is a Black Friday giant, and its deals and plans are among the most anticipated. After all, it sells the items that top many wish lists — from 4K TVs, to headphones, to smartwatches, to laptops. Here’s what (and when) to shop this year! Before you start shopping, make sure to activate our cash back offer for Best Buy. Sign up for a cash back account and then activate that offer here.
Best Buy Early Black Friday: The Best Deals
The first stage of Best Buy’s early Black Friday event is in full effect. Here’s what’s live now, from Oct. 30 to Nov. 17. Deals are subject to change and sell out.
- Save $200 on select KitchenAid stand mixers.
- Save up to $130 on select Sony headphones.
- $579.99 ($170 off) for Samsung 75-inch Crystal UHD 4K Smart Tizen TV. This is the same price we saw from Best Buy last year on Black Friday.
- Save $550 on Samsung Galaxy Book3 (sale price: $999.99).
- Save $320 on HP 2-in-1 Chromebook Plus Laptop (sale price: $379).
- Save $750 on LG 48-inch Class A2 Series OLED 4K TV (sale price: $549.99).
When Does the Best Buy Black Friday Sale Start?
The official Best Buy Black Friday sale starts Nov. 17 and runs through Nov. 25 (the Saturday after Thanksgiving). That’s a nine-day Black Friday sale (making it three days longer than last year). If that seems long, that’s part of a pattern we’ve seen over the past several years of retailers elongating their Black Friday sales into week-long affairs (or longer). We are currently in the Early Black Friday Deals stage, which runs Oct. 30 to Nov. 17.
Best Buy’s Black Friday Deals Schedule
You thought a nine-day Black Friday sale was a lot? That’s not even including the Best Buy pre-Black Friday Sale. Best Buy will be sending some of its Black Friday deals live early, for a limited time, starting in October. As it did last year, it’s going to give its paying members early access. We’ve been seeing other retailers offering some deals early to members only (Walmart, for example, has released deals early to its Walmart+ members during past sales).
Here’s the full schedule:
- Oct. 27-29: Black Friday Early Access for Plus and Total members.
- Oct. 30: Early Black Friday deals for everyone.
- Nov. 17-25: The Best Buy Black Friday Sale
- Nov. 26-27: Best Buy Cyber Monday sale.
October may seem early — but Best Buy actually launched some of its pre-Black Friday sales on Nov. 24 last year.
What Are Best Buy’s Black Friday Store Hours?
Stores will remain closed on Thanksgiving Day, but Black Friday deals will be shoppable online and via the Best Buy app. Stay tuned for Best Buy’s Black Friday opening time.
Plus, Best Buy is offering extended holiday shopping hours in stores. Starting Nov. 6, stores will be open 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. (til 8 p.m. on Sunday).
The After Party: Best Buy’s Cyber Monday Sale
The deals don’t stop dropping when Black Friday draws to a close. Best Buy will be running deals up until the holidays. The Cyber Monday sale runs Nov. 26 and 27. And, if previous years are any indication, Best Buy will run special holiday deals up until the very last minute.
Best Buy Holiday Shipping, Pickup and Delivery Options
Whether you’d prefer to have your items shipped straight to your door or pick them up yourself, Best Buy is giving you plenty of options this year, including:
- FREE next-day shipping on orders of $35+: This option is available for thousands of items, if you place an order by 1 p.m. local time of at least $35. Note the shipping-time estimate on your order — some items may take longer.
- Same-day delivery (aka ship-from-store): If this option is available in your ZIP code, just order by 2 p.m. local time, and your items will be delivered by 8 p.m. local time. Note that this option is available for eligible items that are in stock at your local Best Buy. Fees vary, and you’ll see those at checkout.
- Contactless curbside pickup: At checkout, select “curbside pickup,” pick your local store as the pickup location and wait for the confirmation email. Most orders will be ready within the hour.
- In-store pickup: Retrieve your order inside a store, or from a pickup locker (available in some stores). Your order will generally be ready within the hour.
- Alternate location pickup: Worried about porch pirates? Have your order delivered to select UPS stores, FedEx stores, CVS stores, Walgreens stores, Michaels stores, Advance Auto Parts stores and Dollar General stores. You’ll receive an alert when it arrives.
Best Buy Extended Holiday Returns
Whatever you buy on Black Friday or during the holidays, you have extra time to make returns if you change your mind. Anything purchased from Oct. 27 to Dec. 30 can be returned through Jan. 13. That’s roughly the same return period as last year. You can opt to mail your items back with the prepaid shipping label, or just bring your item to a Best Buy store for a return or exchange.
Best Buy Holiday Price Matching
Best Buy is offering a special holiday price matching policy for 2023. If you purchase something between Oct. 27 and Dec. 30, and the Best Buy price goes lower before Jan. 13, you can get a refund for the difference. See the details. In other words, it’s offering a price match policy that matches the window of its extended holiday returns period. Some items are excluded, including cellphones and holiday decor. Note that this holiday policy applies only to Best Buy’s own prices — not competitors’.
This is separate from the regular Best Buy Price Match guarantee, which allows shoppers to ask for a price-match on items if a qualified competitor has a lower price (but not during the Black Friday sale — competitor price matching is OUT from the Friday before Thanksgiving to the Monday after).