Known affectionately by their fans as Bloomie’s, shopping at Bloomingdale’s — an American department store since 1861 — is truly a happy place for fashion lovers. High-end department stores like Bloomingdale’s are heavy on sensory experience, bringing the feeling of luxury directly to you. You can expect artistic displays, curated high-end fashion, personalized services, in-store events, impossibly flattering lighting and maybe even a little energy-boosting snack at Forty Carrots for their famous FroYo.
Shopping Bloomingdale’s is about getting full service. Sales associates are well-trained and the stores offer luxurious extras, like stylists, personal shoppers and custom tailoring. You can get help choosing and special ordering fine jewelry, complimentary bra fittings, beauty and spa services, monogramming, special ordering, registries and gift wrapping, to name a few.
While this all may sound like a playground for the rich and fabulous, it’s not, really. There are plenty of ways you can save when shopping at the popular retauler. Bloomingdale’s wants to make you a loyal customer, so they offer a great rewards program (aptly called Loyallist), as well as plenty of amazing sales and promotions. Check out our tips and tricks so that you can enjoy saving on your luxe fashion favorites.
1. Join Bloomingdale’s Rewards Program
Join Bloomingdale’s Free Rewards Program online and become a Loyallist. Member benefits include:
- Free shipping with no minimum purchase required.
- Earn one point for every dollar spent; 5,000 points will give you a $25 Reward.
- Pick two days throughout the year to get triple points on purchases in-store and online.
- Get exclusive storewide offers, as well as personalized monthly offers.
2. Sign Up for Emails or Texts
- Get a one time promo code for 15% off when you agree to receive Bloomingdale’s emails.
- Text the code to 25666 to subscribe to Bloomingdale’s mobile alerts to receive the 15% off promo code.
- Besides your free coupon for joining, you’ll receive exclusive offers and sale information sent directly to you, giving you more opportunities to save.
3. Apply for a Bloomingdale’s Credit Card
When you really love a store, it can make sense to take advantage of the store credit card benefits, as long as you can pay the bill in time to avoid interest charges. Bloomingdale’s store credit cards offer these extra benefits:
- New credit card holders get 20% off the day of, and the day after you open your card (up to $250 off over two days).
- Loyallist Reward members get three points for every dollar spent using the Bloomingdale’s card at Bloomingdale’s and everywhere else American Express Cards are welcome.
- Top of the List members get four points for every dollar spent using the Bloomingdale’s card at Bloomingdale’s and everywhere else American Express Cards are welcome.
- Top of the List Unlocked members get 10 points for every dollar spent using the Bloomingdale’s card at Bloomingdale’s and everywhere else American Express Cards are welcome.
- Exclusive offers for dining, shopping and more.
4. Buy More, Save More When You Tier Up in the Rewards Program
Big Spenders Rejoice! When you spend $5,000 or more in a year, you will move from Loyallist to the Top of the List tier. This means a few extra perks, including:
- Unlimited return window.
- Free gift wrap.
- Early access to Friends & Family sale.
- Pick three days of triple points earnings per year.
- Invitations to special events and activities, like private in-store and virtual parties.
High Rollers get even more perks. When you spend $15,000 or more annually at Bloomingdale’s, you’ll move from Loyallist to Top of the List Unlocked. Besides the extra perks of Top of the Tier, you’ll get:
- Free premium shipping.
- Another day of triple points per year, making it four days of triple points per calendar year to maximize earnings on your in-store or online purchases.
- Personalized monthly offers.
5. Shop the Friends and Family Sale
They offer the Friends and Family Sale multiple times per year, usually around April, June, September and November. This sale event will allow you to take 25% off a large selection of items. Exact sale dates vary and sales last multiple days.
When Is Bloomingdale’s Friends and Family?
Bloomingdale’s Friends and Family sale occurs multiple times a year with varying dates. Look for the sales around April, June, September/October and November.
6. Create a Bloomingdale’s Wedding Registry
Not only will it give you access to a huge selection of home goods, but you’ll have a dedicated registry consultant to give you and your guests support along the way. Setting up a registry will also help you save.
- You’ll get 20% off dresses, suiting and intimates before the big day.
- After the wedding, you’ll get 20% off everything that is left on your registry list.
- Extra Bonus gifts from brands to sweeten the deal when you add and receive items from their brand.
7. Visit Bloomingdale’s Outlet
- You’ll be able to save 30% to 70% on products at a Bloomingdale’s outlet.
- Search online to find a Bloomingdale’s Outlet near you.
- Sign up for Bloomingdale’s Outlet emails and get $20 off your next purchase.
Can You Shop the Bloomingdale’s Outlet Online?
No, Bloomingdale’s outlet merchandise isn’t sold online. Bloomingdale’s has a sale and clearance section on their website, but it’s different from Bloomingdale’s outlet.
8. Look Out for Annual Sales Events
Bloomingdale’s almost always has sales and promotions, but the big sales to mark on your calendar include:
- End-of-season sales — Fashion lovers with foresight into what will be timeless in the future can score up to 70% off when they shop for merchandise at the right time. This means looking for spring deals in May or June, summer deals in August or September and winter deals start after holiday shopping in January.
- Labor Day sale — The annual Big Brown Bag sale is a great opportunity to save 40 to 60% off on sale items. You’ll find sales on clothing, shoes, home, jewelry, and accessories.
- Memorial Day sale — Expect great deals of up to 65% off when you take an extra 30% off already reduced items.
9. Keep Track of All Bloomingdale’s Sales
With so many promotions and sales, it makes sense to bookmark Bloomingdale’s sale page, which will detail all the current offers and promo codes offered through all their departments.
Or you can also check in with RetailMeNot’s Bloomingdale’s page to look for the latest sales, promo codes and Cash Back offers.
10. Look for Deals That Offer Free Samples
Who doesn’t like a free gift? Keep an eye out for promotions at Bloomingdale’s that include a free gift with purchase. At the time of publication, they were offering a three-piece mystery gift with any $125 beauty purchase.
11. More Bloomingdale’s Shopping Tips
Does Bloomingdale’s Price Match?
No, Bloomingdale’s doesn’t price match with competitors. However, Bloomingdale’s will offer a price adjustment if your purchased item goes on sale within 10 days of purchase. If you bought the item in-store, you’ll have to get the price adjusted with a sales associate in the store. If you purchased your item online, you can request the price adjustment via email.
How Many Gift Cards Can You Use at Bloomingdale’s?
According to Bloomingdale’s customer service, you may use a maximum of five gift cards in one order.
Does Macy’s Own Bloomingdale’s?
Macy’s Inc. owns both Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s but operates them independently.
The post How To Save at Bloomingdale’s Every Time You Shop appeared first on The Real Deal by RetailMeNot.