The holiday shopping season seems to start earlier and earlier every year, extending the joy and happiness that surrounds it — for most, anyway.
With Amazon’s Prime Big Deal Days announcement in early September, other big retailers have been joining in the hoopla that always surrounds Amazon’s fall event (whatever Amazon happens to be calling it in any particular year). The trend for kicking off holiday sales in October pretty much started in 2020 when Amazon’s Prime Day was delayed due to the pandemic. And it has stuck ever since, giving holiday shoppers more options and more ways to save on gifts or anything else they’re on the hunt for.
We’ve created a timeline of the most important ones so that you can easily navigate the October sale extravaganza.
These are the stores (so far) with big holiday kickoff sales in October:
Target Circle Week
Circle Week is the first of many early holiday sales. And if you’re a Target Circle member, you’ll have access to these deals even earlier than everyone else and a chance to earn extra Target Circle earnings. This year’s deals include 30% off Halloween costumes, 20% off bath and bedding merchandise, $10 off toy purchases of $50 or more, $100 off Apple iPad Air 5th Gen, a $5 Target Gift Card when you spend $40 on select Ulta Beauty products, and lots more.
Walmart Deals — Holiday Kickoff
The online-only Walmart Deals Holiday Kickoff sale starts Oct. 9 at 12 p.m. ET and lasts through Oct. 12. Shoppers will find deals on electronics, trending gifts, toys, clothing and lots more.
Amazon Prime Big Deal Days
Once Amazon announced its Prime Big Deal Days earlier this month, it didn’t take long for other retailers to come out of the woodwork. Prime Big Deal Days promises pretty much everything Prime Day does but with a holiday-esque twist, especially for Amazon’s own brands and smart home devices. Start shopping the event on Oct. 10 through Oct. 11, but early deals are already popping up for Prime members.
Best Buy Member Exclusive Month
Best Buy is dedicating the month of October to its members with special purchase rewards, exclusive sale events with top brands like Samsung and Microsoft, and access to even deeper discounts for Plus and Total members. Save up to 60% on the Deal of the Day, which changes every day. Plus, earn 4% cash back on Top Deals Products (excluding Apple). Best Buy’s early Black Friday deals run from Oct. 27 through Oct. 29.
Here are the Best Buy dates you need to know:
- Plus and Total members who spend $500 in October will receive a $50 reward certificate to use on Best Buy purchases in December.
- The Samsung Sales Event runs Oct. 6 through Oct. 8 and offers shoppers who spend $1,000 on Samsung products a $100 reward to use on other Samsung products between Oct. 24 and Nov. 16.
- From Oct. 10 to Oct. 11, Best Buy’s 48-Hour Flash Sale will have hundreds of deals on tech, including TVs and laptops, headphones and smartwatches, electric transportation and more.
- The Microsoft Savings Event starts Oct. 13 through Oct. 15, giving shoppers access to offers on Xbox and Windows products, including savings up to $500 on Windows laptops.
- The Weekend Gaming Event kicks off Oct. 20 to Oct. 22 with special launches on new video games, like Super Mario Bros. Wonder and Spider-Man 2, plus deals on hardware, games and accessories.
Kohl’s Deal Dash
Starting Oct. 9 until Oct. 11, Kohl’s Deal Dash is on. The three-day event kicks off the holiday season with deals across multiple categories, including toys, tech, kitchen appliances, decor, apparel, and lots more.
During the event, you can save on qualifying purchases with a 15% off coupon and stack an additional $10 off purchases of $50 or more. Plus, earn $10 in Kohl’s Cash for every $50 you spend. Kohls.com shoppers get free shipping (with no purchase minimum). Kohl’s Rewards members get exclusive offers, including $10 off a qualifying $50 or more home purchase and $10 off a qualifying $50 or more toy and novelty gifts purchase.
Here’s a preview of just some of the Deal Dash deals this year:
- 30% off select preschool toys.
- 30% off select Nerf items.
- 20% off select Lego.
- 30% off select holiday decor.
- 40% off select outerwear for the family.
- Select boots and shoes for the family – $39.99 and under.
- Bissell Little Green Proheat carpet cleaner (model 2513G) – $113.89.
- PowerXL Vortex Pro 8-quart Air Fryer – $109.99.
- Dash kitchen appliances – $19.99.
- Crockpot 7-quart Cook & Carry Countdown Slow Cooker – $64.99.
- JBL Charge 5 portable waterproof speaker – $129.99.
- Amazon Fire 7 Kids Edition Tablet (16GB) – $54.99.
- Amazon Echo (4th Gen) Smart Home Hub – $54.99.
- Amazon Fire 7 Tablet (16GB) – $39.99.
Lowe’s 72 Hours of Super Savings
Starting Oct. 9 until Oct. 11, shop the online-only sale at Lowe’s. The 72 Hours of Super Savings event helps shoppers prep for the season and holidays ahead.
Here are a few of the Lowe’s deals you can expect:
- Up to 75% off select appliances and floorcare.
- Up to 55% off select decorative lighting.
- Up to 50% off select smart home and security devices.
- Up to 35% off select outdoor power equipment.
- Up to 50% off select home accents and furniture.
The post Just a List of the Early Holiday Sales Happening in October appeared first on The Real Deal by RetailMeNot.