So many bundles, so little time to figure out what is actually worth signing up for. Here, we do a deep dive into Disney+ Bundles — particularly important right now as Disney recently announced some changes and rate hikes to its bundle offerings.
Here’s what you need to know before deciding which Disney+ bundle will be the most magical option for you.
What Does a Disney+ Bundle Include?
What’s included in a Disney+ Bundle depends on which option you choose:
- All Disney+ Bundles include access to Disney content, which includes Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars and National Geographic content, among others.
- If you opt for the Hulu Disney+ Bundle, then you’ll also get access to thousands of TV and movie hits, including much-talked about Hulu originals like “The Bear” and “Only Murders in the Building.”
- If you choose the Hulu Disney+ Bundle that includes ESPN+, then you’ll also be able to stream live sports and tournaments, plus ESPN+ originals like the complete “30 for 30” library.
Currently, there is not a Disney+ Bundle that offers just Disney+ and ESPN+ together, without Hulu.
What Are the Disney+ Bundle Options?
Disney+ Bundles come in three tiers:
- Duo Basic includes Disney+ and Hulu with ads.
- Trio Basic includes Disney+, Hulu and ESPN+ with ads.
- Trio Premium includes Disney+, Hulu and ESPN+, with no ads on Disney+ and Hulu.
On Sept. 6, 2023, Disney will launch a new tier, Duo Premium, which includes ad-free access to a Hulu Disney+ Bundle.
How Much Is the Disney+ Bundle?
The price of a Disney+ Bundle depends on which tier you choose.
- Duo Basic is $9.99 per month (includes Disney+ and Hulu with ads).
- Duo Premium, launching Sept. 6, is $19.99 per month (includes ad-free Disney+ and Hulu).
- Trio Basic is $12.99 per month (includes Disney+, Hulu and ESPN+ with ads).
- Trio Premium is $19.99 per month (includes Disney+, Hulu and ESPN+, with no ads on Disney+ and Hulu).
However, rate hikes on some of these options are on the horizon. In the fall of 2023, the Trio Premium bundle will increase from $19.99 per month to $24.99 per month. The Trio Basic option will go up from $12.99 to $14.99.
Is There a Disney+ Netflix Hulu Bundle?
There currently is not a Disney+ Netflix Hulu Bundle, as Netflix is a separate company. Disney bought Hulu from Comcast on May 14, 2019.
Can You Get Disney+ Without a Bundle?
Yes! You can get Disney+ without a Bundle. You have two options to receive access to Disney content alone:
- Disney+ with ads, at $7.99 per month.
- Disney+ with no ads, at $10.99 per month (going up to $13.99 this fall).
When Do Disney+ Bundle Prices Go up?
Beginning Oct. 12, 2023, some Disney+ Bundle prices will go up. You’ll see increases for:
- Trio Premium, which includes ad-free access to Disney+ and Hulu, as well as ESPN+ with ads, will increase from $19.99 to $24.99 per month.
- Trio Basic, which includes Disney+, Hulu and ESPN+ – all with ads – will increase from $12.99 to $14.99 per month.
Subscription tiers that are not seeing a price increase include Disney+ with ads and Duo Basic. It’s important to note, however, that some tiers of standalone Hulu and ESPN+ are also changing, so if you subscribe to one of those, be sure to check your subscription.
Can I Watch Disney+ Bundles on Multiple Devices?
No matter which Disney+ Bundle you choose, you can watch Disney+, Hulu or ESPN+ on up to four different devices at one time. And, your account can have up to seven active profiles so that each member of your household can have their own customized profile.
Disney+ supports streaming on web browsers, mobile phones, tables, streaming sticks, gaming consoles, smart TVs and set-top boxes.
Can You Share Passwords With Disney+?
While we don’t encourage it, savvy internet users can find ways to share their Disney+ Bundle passwords. However, Disney CEO Bob Iger recently said the company is “actively exploring ways to address account sharing,” though nothing may change until 2024.
The post Keeping All Those Disney+ Bundles Straight: Pricing, Options, More appeared first on The Real Deal by RetailMeNot.