Amazon’s Prime Big Deal Days runs Oct. 10 (3 a.m. ET) through Oct. 11. It’s like a second Prime Day in October, but positioned as the perfect starting point to early holiday shopping.
Deals are going to number in the thousands … but your budget likely has some limits. So our team of deal hunters is curating the best deals during the event as they’re announced. Plus, some deals are going live EARLY.
What is Prime Big Deal Days?
Prime Big Deal Days is a two-day sale on Amazon open only to Prime members. If you’re thinking, “That sounds like Prime Day 2, the sequel,” well … you’re pretty much right. In fact, Amazon is replaying some of its Prime Day playbook for Prime Big Deal Days, including:
- It’s open ONLY to Amazon Prime members. You’ll need to sign up for Amazon Prime to take part. When the sale starts, just log in to your Prime account and shop as usual. You’ll automatically get the sale price.
- Some deals are invite only. We saw Amazon try this during Prime Day, to control the rush for select deals (and avoid shopper frustration at things selling out quickly). Before Prime Big Deal Days, sign up for the invite-only deals you want — Amazon will email you if it selects you as one of the lucky few who will be able to purchase them.
- Lots of deals will be on Amazon’s own stuff. This is Amazon’s sale after all, so expect special discounts on Amazon devices (like Echo devices) and Amazon memberships (like Amazon Music Unlimited).
This isn’t Amazon’s first major October sale rodeo. Last year, it threw a Prime-members-only sale called Prime Early Access. In 2021, it through a general early holiday sale open to all. And in 2020, Prime Day itself actually occurred in mid-October (after being postponed from the summer, due to the COVID-19 pandemic).
Best Deals from Prime Big Deal Days
We’ll be updating this list as Amazon releases more information. Be sure to check back as Prime Big Deal Days approaches, because Amazon has a tradition of sending some of its deals live early.
Prime Invite-Only Deals (Sign Up Now)
The best way to prep for Prime Big Deal Days is to sign up for any invite-only deals that interest you. It takes mere seconds. Just hit the links below and hit the yellow “Request Invite” button for any you’d like to claim. IF you’re chosen, you’ll get an email notification with a unique link that’s only for you that you can use to buy the item during Prime Big Deal Days (Oct. 10-11).
The best invite-only deals include:
- 60% off Blink smart home security
- 50% off Sony Dolby Soundbar
- 46% off Philips 3000 Series Air Fryer
- 55% off Jabra Elite 7 Active True Wireless Earbuds
Get a $15 Amazon Credit (Available Now for First-Time Amazon Photos Users)
Get $15 extra (in the form of an Amazon credit) to use on Big Deal Days when you back up your photos with Amazon Prime. Free unlimited photo storage is one of the lesser-known benefits of Amazon Prime. And if you use it for the first time to back up photos, you’ll unlock a $15 Amazon credit to use Oct. 10 and 11. This deal is available ONLY to first-time users of Amazon Photos.
Up to 40% Off Select Fire TV Devices & TVs (Coming Soon)
These deals aren’t live yet, but were mentioned in Amazon’s press release about Prime Big Deal Days. During the sale, shoppers can expect deals on a 32-inch 2-Series smart TV, a 65-inch Omni Series 4K UHD TV and more. Stay tuned.
Up to 30% Off Select Kindle E-Reader Bundles (Coming Soon)
Kindle bundles include Kindles and accessories. The Kids bundle includes the e-reader, power adapter and screen protector, and the Scribe bundle includes the device, a premium pen, power adapter and leather folio cover.
Get an Echo Pop for Just $4.99 With Amazon Music Unlimited (New Users Only)
If you haven’t tried Amazon Music Unlimited yet, sign up (and pay for a month) to get an Echo Pop for just $4.99 ($39.99 value). The Echo Pop is Amazon’s new tiny smart speaker that fits pretty much anywhere, if you don’t have room for full size. Amazon Music Unlimited is Amazon’s $9.99 music streaming service that includes access to more than 100 million songs, unlimited skips and on-demand ad-free listening.
Get Deals Outside of Amazon with Buy With Prime
Buy With Prime is an Amazon feature that allows Prime members to snag Amazon sale deals at other retailers. During Prime Big Deal Days, get up to 40% off at Wyze, KNOW Beauty, Targus and more. You can use your free Prime shipping benefit at these retailers, too.
Prime Day 2 and Black Friday: What’s The Difference?
Amazon Prime Big Deal Days in October and Amazon’s Black Friday sale in November have some similarities. They’re both giant sales geared at early holiday shopping. Both will likely have the best deals of the year on Amazon products, tech, clothing, home goods and more. In fact, you’ll likely see a lot of repeat deals on Black Friday.
The main difference is that Prime Big Deal Days is for Prime members only, and the Black Friday sale will be open to ALL shoppers. Also, in past years, Amazon’s Black Friday sale tends to be a bigger deal than its early holiday Prime-only sale, with deeper discounts across a wider variety of products. That’s because Black Friday is the biggest sale of the year, period, across all retailers. That doesn’t mean you should wait until Black Friday, though. Consider Prime Big Deal Days the first step in your holiday prep and Black Friday to be Round 2.
How to Find the Best Prime Big Deal Days Deals
Amazon’s sales tend to be overwhelming. Here’s how to make the most of your shopping efforts:
- Set up personalized deal alerts: You can subscribe to receive deal-alert notifications related to items you’ve recently searched or viewed on Amazon. All you have to do is get the Amazon app and visit the Prime Big Deal Days event page between now and Prime Big Deal Days. Which Prime Big Deal Days starts, you will receive push notifications when items you’ve subscribed to go on sale.
- Ask Alexa to track deals: Save items on your Wish List, put them in your cart or hit “Save for Later” on items you’re interested in. Then, ask Alexa to alert you of deals on those items as they go live.
Will Other retailers be Running Sales?
Yes! Where Amazon leads, every retailer follows. When it throws a Prime-members-only sale, other retailers throw their own sales right on top of it (and sometimes even right before and after it). So far, during Prime Big Deal Days, retailers are throwing sales:
- Walmart Deals – Holiday Kickoff Sale: Oct. 9-12.
- Target Circle Week: Oct. 1-7.
- Best Buy 48-Hour Flash Sale: Oct. 10-11.
The post The Best Early Deals from Amazon’s Prime Big Deal Days Sale appeared first on The Real Deal by RetailMeNot.