Hobby Lobby is known for having unbelievable sales year-round. From seasonal sales to holiday event sales and even daily sales (except on Sundays when Hobby Lobby stores are closed), customers are sure to cash in on some major savings. In this article, you’ll learn all about the various Hobby Lobby sale schedules to keep on your radar so you’ll know when to shop and save. Hopefully you’ll never pay full price at Hobby Lobby again.
What’s the Hobby Lobby Sale Calendar?
Hobby Lobby runs a series of sale events from daily sales, seasonal event sales, and holiday sales.
Here are the sale event schedules for the seasonal and holiday event sales at Hobby Lobby.
Hobby Lobby’s holiday sale schedule includes the following:
- Valentine’s Day- 40% off: Starts mid to late January and lasts a couple days after February 14th.
- St. Patrick’s Day- 30-50% off: Starts in early February and lasts until March 24th.
- Easter crafts and party décor- 40%-80% off: Starts last week of February to the week after Easter.
- 4th of July- 30% off: Starts in mid-June and ends on the 5th of July.
- Halloween décor- 40% off: Starts the last week of September and runs through the end of October.
- Christmas crafts & gift wrap- 40%-66% off: Starts mid-August and lasts until the end of December.
- New Year’s party décor- 40%-80%: Starts mid-November until the first week of January.
Hobby Lobby’s seasonal sale schedule includes the following:
- Fall Décor (1st period) – 40% off: Starts mid-July to the end of October.
- Fall Décor (2nd period) – 50% off: Starts the first two weeks of November.
- Fall Décor (3rd period) – 80% off: Starts the last two weeks of November.
- Fall Décor (4th period) – 50% off on tableware: Starts the last two weeks of November.
- Spring Décor (1st period) – 40% off: Starts the end of December to May.
- Spring Décor (2nd period) – 50% off: Starts the end of May to mid-June.
- Spring Décor (3rd period) – 66% off: Starts mid-June to the first week of July.
- Summer Décor (1st period) – 40% off: Starts February to May.
- Summer Décor (2nd period) – 50% off: Starts the end of May to mid-June.
- Summer Décor (3rd period) – 66% off: Starts in mid-June to the first week of July.
We will add to this list as we learn more.
What Type of “Percentage Off” Can We Expect?
Most sale items are at least 30% off.
Depending on the specific time of year or day, you can often expect to save anywhere from 30%-50% off items, item dependent of course.
Are Some Items Always on Sale at Hobby Lobby?
Items like furniture, custom framing, books, and wearable art are always on sale.
Here is the discount breakdown to expect for these sale items at Hobby Lobby:
- Furniture: 30% off
- Fabric: 30% off
- Frames and photo albums: 50% off
- Popular Books: 40-50% off
- Party Supplies: 50% off
Never pay full price at Hobby Lobby if you can avoid it.
When Does Fabric Go On Sale?
Fabrics like home décor fabrics, fleece, and outdoor fabrics are on sale every day of the week.
Therefore, expect a 30% discount on fabrics the next time your shop at Hobby Lobby.
Is There a Seasonal Sale Schedule? What Holidays?
Hobby Lobby does have both a seasonal sale schedule and a holiday sale schedule where you can expect big savings as listed earlier in this article.
The 7 Holidays where you can expect big savings at Hobby Lobby include the following:
- Valentine’s Day
- St. Patrick’s Day
- 4th of July
- New Year’s Day
Post-Christmas sales are some of the best in terms of overall savings.
Is After-Christmas the Best Time to Shop for Xmas Décor?
Hobby Lobby runs a series of Christmas clearance schedule sales where the after-Christmas sales are greater than leading up to Christmas.
Therefore, the best time to shop for Christmas décor is after Christmas.
Here are the Christmas clearance schedule sales to expect at Hobby Lobby:
- Begins December 13th – 66% off.
- Begins December 21st – 80% off.
- Begins January 5th – 90% off.
While the clearance items may be a little picked over by January 5th, the savings is incredible as the stuff is practically free.
Can Shoppers use a Hobby Lobby Coupon with Sale Items?
Unfortunately, you cannot use a Hobby Lobby coupon with sale items.
This is because their coupons have restrictions and they can ONLY be used on regular-price items.
To access their current coupons, check out this page and look for a coupon attached to their weekly ad.
Ask the Reader: How do you save money at Hobby Lobby? Do you know something about their sale schedule that I missed?
By Kyle James