Even if you don’t have a Costco membership, you’re still likely familiar with the buy-in-bulk approach. However, Costco isn’t just a great place to buy large quantities of your favorite grocery items at discounted prices. Costco also offers catering services. So, if you’re planning to host a large event and need to feed lots of people, consider using Costco as a way to provide a delicious meal on a budget. In this article, you’ll learn everything you need to know about Costco’s catering so you can make the most of their service.
Will Costco Actually Cater My Event In-Person?
Costco does provide catering; however, you are expected to pickup the food to bring to your event.
Therefore, Costco does not deliver any catering items, you the customer are responsible for pickup and delivery to your event.
What Are My Catering Options at Costco?
Costco offers a wide range of catering options from party trays and platters to their sushi platter, and more.
Here’s a list of Costco’s catering options:
– Costco Sandwich Platter
– Costco Croissant Sandwich Platter
– Prawn (Shrimp) Platter
– Sushi Platter
– Buffalo Wings Platter
– Costco Vegetable tray
– Assorted Hye Roller Platter
– Turkey & Swiss Roller Wraps
– Decorated Sponge Cake
– Costco Fruit Platter
As you can see, Costco offers quite the variety of delicious catering options for anyone and virtually any occasion.
See Also: Costco Food Court Menu: Here’s Everything On It w/ Prices
What Are the Party Tray Prices and How Big are They?
Costco catering offers a variety of party platters giving you large quantities of delicious food at affordable prices.
Below are the different party platters Costco offers and their prices:
– Croissant Sandwich Platter (serves about 16-20 people): Priced at $39.99
– Chicken & Swiss Rollers (serves about 20-24 people): Priced at $39.99
– Shrimp Platter (serves about 20-24 people): Priced at $39.99
– Meat & Cheese Platter (serves about 16-20 people): Priced at $26.99
If you break down the Costco party platter prices by person, you are only spending between $1-$3 per person to feed at your party.
From this Reddit forum, the “feeds 16-20 people” is only if folks take half a sandwich, so be sure to have plenty of side dishes.
Where in Costco Do I Go to Submit My Order?
Near the deli department OR bakery section there will be a small kiosk to place your catering order.
You’ll first have to fill out your catering order form in-person (forms will be provided at the kiosk).
You CANNOT fill out your Costco catering order online.
You must go in-person and have a Costco membership to successfully submit a catering order.
On the catering order form, you’ll have to fill out the following essential information:
– What catering options you’d like to order.
– How much of each option you’d like.
– The date you’ll need your order.
– Your contact information along with your Costco membership number.
Once you’ve completed the catering order form, you then submit/drop off the form in the slot at the kiosk.
See Also: 5 Smart Savings Hacks for Buying Costco Meats
How Many Days Ahead Does Costco Require?
At least 24 hours in advance.
You’ll need to give Costco at least 1 day’s notice or longer to be able to fulfill your catering order.
On the catering order form that you have to fill out, you’ll have to provide the date you need your order.
Costco seems very accommodation, from this Reddit forum, you can place an order as late as 8:20 pm and have it ready the following day at opening.
Do I Need a Costco Membership?
You will need a Costco membership to use Costco’s catering services.
You’ll need your membership card and you’ll also need to provide your membership number when filling out the order form.
See Also: 7 Costco Bakery Hacks That Will Blow Your Mind
Any Affordable Add-on Items that Would be Great for Events?
There are some add-on Costco food items you can get when you pick up your catering order.
Below are some favorite Costco add-on food items you should consider picking up for your next event:
– Rotisserie Chicken – Cut it up and use it for tacos, fajitas, or sandwiches.
– Caesar Salad – It’s big and is a great filler.
– Chicken Salad – Great side dish that is really filling.
– Mac and Cheese – Oh my gosh, it’s SO good and makes for a great side.
– Ribs – Haven’t tried the pre-cooked ribs at Costco, have you?
– Spinach Salad – Haven’t tried this one yet.
Ask the Reader: Have you ever you used Costco when catering a large event or party? How did the process go and how did the food taste?
By Kyle James